Dr Witcombe is a General Practitioner at Ellen Health and a member of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine and Doctors for the Environment. She completed her medical degree with the Geoffrey Thompson Ashburton Prize in Gynaecology at University of Western Australia and then furthered her training in Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, General Practice, Medical Education and Lifestyle Medicine as below.
Dr Witcombe’s approach to general practice is holistic, with an emphasis on healthy lifestyles for both prevention and treatment of health issues. Currently most of her work is in medical education, in the hope of ensuring future doctors are well trained in this vital aspect of medicine.
Dr Witcombe has two adult children, is married to Dr Stuart Paterson and is fortunate to have travelled to the UK, Europe, Middle East, Egypt, India and Japan. She enjoys walking, reading and film.
Special interests are:
- Medical Education
- Women’s Health
- Lifestyle Medicine
Experience & Memberships:
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, University of Western Australia- 1989 (MBBS)
- Internship and RMO years – RPH
- Diploma of Anaesthetics (DA) – 1992
- Diploma of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (DRANZCOG) – 1993
- Fellow of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) – 1994
- Graduate Diploma Applied Science in Nutritional and Environmental Medicine – 2001
- Graduate Certificate in Rural and Remote Medical Education – 2016
- Fellowship of the Australasian Society for Lifestyle Medicine – 2018
- Previously GP Obstetrician and Anaesthetist in Kalgoorlie WA and visiting Rural Women Doctor in Wagin
- Currently Examiner and Standard Setter for the RACGP, Regional Medical Educator for WAGPET, Clinical debriefing tutor at UNDA and Perinatal Mortality Investigator for the Health Department of WA